What We Do
Celebrating Disability has 3 main methods of delivery.
Introduction To Esi & How Her Business Helps
Celebrating Disability is a disability equality and inclusion business. Supporting businesses to engage, retain and value disabled employees and customers.
8 Simple Facts
1. Disabled people occupy 18% of the workplace. Whether it be a hidden disability or a physical disability, you are likely to have disabled people working for you even if if you are unaware.
2. A minuscule number - 4% of reasonable adjustments (workplace adjustments) have a financial implication. Most can be solved by conversation, awareness and organisation attitude.
3. The 2 most commonly stated enablers for employment among disabled people are modified hours/days or reduced working hours and access to transport.
4. The top 3 types of workplace discrimination identified by disabled employees are: being given fewer responsibilities (17%), not being promoted (11%) and being refused a job (8%).
5. Disabled people who are happy and supported at work will be more likely to stay, will take less sick days and will be company advocates.
6. The spending power of disabled people (The Purple Pound) is over £200bn per year. Business owners simply cannot afford not to be 360° accessible.
7. Disabled customers tend to take longer when choosing to buy. The main decision factors underpinning customer choice are past experience of good service and reputation for good service.
8. Inaccessible premises, inaccessible websites, poor customer service, lack of awareness, poor communication, inaccessible telephone systems and inaccessible printed information are main reasons for disabled customers tending to swap to a business' competitor.
Really great to work with a professional in disability. Will definitely be seeking Esi's support and expert knowledge again in future.
How Can Celebrating Disability Help You?
If you'd like to know more about how Celebrating Disability can help you create a more inclusive and effective workplace for your disabled employee's and customers, get in touch todayContact